Rapp Group history rich in tradition
Rapp has a tradition of innovation spanning 120 years. We are successful because our company stays abreast of changing market conditions and basic circumstamces through its longsightedness and entrepreneurial, forward-looking orientation and ability to change.
Rapp growth was initially based on construction services. Starting off with a construction firm founded in the latter half of the 19th century, the company operated a construction business alongside an engineering office for many decades. In 1992, Rapp withdrew from the field of construction to concentrate fully on planning and consultancy activities. These activities have since expanded significantly with regard to the specialist areas covered, the markets served and the number of customers. Representatives of the 4th and 5th generation of the founding family are today active members of the supervisory and management boards of the group's companies.
Rapp's headquarters have always been located at their current prominent position on Hochstrasse in Basel. The photo (ca. 1880) shows a multi-functional office, workshop and residential building that belonged to the construction company of the time. It has since been demolished in the course of extension work to Basel's station area.