Our prosperity relies on functioning logistics and efficient freight transport system. In addition to economic and population growth, the main drivers of development are megatrends such as globalisation, urbanisation, digitalisation, individualisation and climate change. According to forecasts by the Federal Department of Environment, Transport, Energy and Communications (DETEC), freight transport in Switzerland will increase by around 31% by 2050, thus growing faster than passenger transport (+11%).
This brings numerous challenges, such as securing an efficient supply of goods, ensuring that businesses and households can be reached, minimising environmental impact, and organisation and completion of the last mile. Through a variety of measures and in various areas of activity, the public sector can help to increase the efficiency and sustainability of logistics and freight transport.
We develop customised, innovative and implementable solutions for our clients in interdisciplinary teams, relying on our in-depth knowledge of freight transport and logistics as well as comprehensive expertise in methods and processes. In doing so, we focus on client needs, value close collaboration and actively involve stakeholders through workshops and sounding boards. We develop recommendations and the groundwork for decision-making for our clients, on the basis of sound data and information analyses.
Our services for the public sector
- Freight transport concepts/strategies at the national, cantonal and municipal level (incl. city logistics)
- Impact analyses (traffic, space, climate, energy, environment, etc.)
- Data and volume analyses, including statistics and freight transport surveys
- Preparation of freight transport forecasts
- Potential analyses and translocation analyses
- Site planning from the public sector perspective
- Evaluation of government measures as well as system and technology evaluations
- Best practices assessment
- Planning and dimensioning of mono- and multimodal freight transport facilities and connections
- Planning of freight connections
We use state-of-the-art planning aids and tools in our consultation and planning. Rapp's freight transport consulting and planning services are primarily focused on the public sector. If you are a private company needing assistance in the area of freight transport/logistics, please contact our Transport Management department.